The California Dept. of Public Health updated its guidance on open houses and stated further updates were pending. C.A.R. is pleased to provide the following changes to open house protocols. Please remember to adhere to local guidelines which may be stricter in certain areas.
While the state is reopening, and business will be easier to conduct, there are still some protocols that will apply, including those concerning groups where there are non-vaccinated individuals present.
C.A.R. has created an extensive and detailed new Q&A and Quick Guide to ensure that members are in compliance and well-informed with the new rules likely going into effect, including changes for open houses and showings. The Q&A addresses the following issues:
- Physical distancing and cleaning requirements
- Posting rules of entry
- PEADs and other sign-in requirements
- Wearing of masks
- Requiring proof of vaccination and/or negative COVID test results
- Addressing claims of medical and religious exemptions to wearing masks
- Conducting door knocking activities
- Distributing flyers
- Reopening offices